Monday, June 8, 2015

JUNE is Off and Running!

Between my last post--the End of May....---and today's post about this first week of June, things have started thriving in the garden.  We had one solid week of rains--heavy rains from all of those storms that caused flooding in Texas.  Thankfully it wasn't that bad here, but it WAS some good solid rains of more than an inch or two PER DAY for about the entire week.  And boy, the garden is now showing it's appreciation too!!   From gathering nothing (and nothing being ready to pick) we have now CANNED 8 PINTS OF PICKLES from our fresh cucumbers.  And today I picked another 8 of them!  I also picked my first two red tomatoes today as well, and several more are beginning to turn.  Also, the squash and zuchinni are blooming, along with a few of my green beans.  Yep... things have come alive!!