Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Chicken And Beans

It's been a HOT week!  Plus another few days!  I was going to post about the 101F temperature I registered the other day, but decided to only mention it here.... this is really about our 10th day in a row in the 90's(F).  I'm ready for FALL......

Now about today's post.... I've "turned my chickens loose" and letting them roar freely around the acre that makes up my garden and orchard.  And they are loving it.  A few days ago I was out there to do some work, and couldn't resist this picture of them deeply involved in scratching around in my green beans (SNAP BEANS actually).   Anyway... I thought it was funny.  And when I go out every night just before dark to put them in their coop for the night, they all come running to me!!  They know I'm going to give them a little "snack" before turning in.... See how I spoil those that depend on me!!!