Thursday, February 26, 2015

Random Act of Kindness

This week is Girl Scout Cookie Week here around our area!  The cookies are in!  And every Walmart within miles has at least ONE girl scout troop with a table set up catching us on the way out of the store!  We have a niece--well, several--that sell these wonderful cookies every year, so our order had already been placed and delivered.

With that being said, though, I stopped in a Walmart the other evening for something, and on my way out heard the young girls squealing their advertisments for cookies.  Having all we needed,  I decided to just be "kind" in a random sort of way.  I walked up to the table, all the  girls stopped squealing as they watched my every move.  The adult leader was also standing there, so I handed her a $10 bill, and told her to be sure that was for the GIRLS and the troop, and NOT for any cookies.  "OH???" was her reply.  I smiled.... she smiled.... and as I turned to leave she called out "THANK YOU!"   I smiled all the way to my car.  That was fun!!