Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Music

We've had one radio station that has been playing Christmas music 24/7 since the day after Thanksgiving!  And I love it!!  The very FIRST song I heard this year was "Blue Christmas" by Elmer Fudd.

(Listen here)
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg7HvF3a_Iw












But of all the songs, my favorite Christmas song after all these years, is "Silver Bells."  I think I'm sentimentally attached to it because my uncle use to sing it at all of our family gatherings at Christmas time.  With all the other singing that was going on, there was always "chatter" in the background as conversations continued.  But when he started singing this one, it was like a hush fell over everyone, and we all sat and listened.  I loved his singing.  He passed away 2 years ago at age 84, but I still remember that voice.  (Here's the song, but it is NOT him singing... sure wish I had him recorded though.)  And it still brings up those old feelings, along with a tear to my eyes too.

(Listen here)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0HB0dhSyHA