Friday, November 14, 2014

A Day of Helping

Busy day today... again!  I guess I just need to stop saying that, and only mention how the day is going when it is NOT busy.  Anyway, the day turned out to be a day of "helping" other people, and that's always a good feeling.   First, I delivered our covered dish for the meal at the church today for our dearly departed friend's family after the funeral.  Circumstances for today would not allow either of us to attend the actual funeral services, and that's why we visited with the family last night during the viewing hours.  

After that, on to the second thing today, and that was to help my brother replace his blown hot water heater.  I've done a couple of those, and thought I might be of assistance to him.  As soon as I walked into the laundry room, however, I could tell it was beyond my knowledge and ability.  It was plumbed with copper pipe, 100%, from floor to top of the heater.  I did not have the tools for that, nor the know-how.  After some head-scratching, we finally decided to go over to the hardware store and get a new one so that it would be there for the person that WAS going to do the replacement.  The store got him all confused, and he ended up not buying anything today, but decided to just wait until the repairman was there so he could get what he needed.  When it was all said and done, it was a nice visit with my brother, and we spent a lot of time talking and catching up on things, over lunch at McDonalds.  And I got a call late this afternoon, and my younger brother--the plumber!--was going to come on Saturday and bail us out!  So I guess the day turned out just fine!